Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New one-man-band on the block

I have a thing for one-man-bands. Brian brought it my attention and even made me a one-man-bands mixed cd for my birthday. It's true, most of my favorite music involves just one man and a guitar. John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Ray LaMontagne, Eric Hutchinson and Brett Dennen top my current list. Well, I have news for you guys...there's a new one-man-band on the block!

Over the weekend while enjoying a beautiful San Francisco day at
Tour de Fat, our ears were treated to Sean Hayes. Having never heard of him and considering we were at a festival in the park, I was delightfully surprised! He reminds me of a mix between Brett Dennen and Jason Mraz. By the end of his set, I was just as eager as the hippie lawn dancers for an encore. Best of all, he's from San Francisco meaning he'll be playing in concert here again soon. Wednesday, Oct 28th to be exact.

Here he is performing his goofy and very catchy song, Alabama Chicken. Give your ears a treat and take a listen.



To learn more about Sean Hayes, check out his website! Music available on Itunes.

1 comment:

Practically Martha said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing! You should try listening to Matt Costa too - he's another great 1-man band.