Monday, October 5, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie

I received a variation of this recipe from a co-worker over a year ago. Since then I've made it a dozen or more times, each time tweaking it a tad. I've made it for myself to enjoy for dinner and lunch leftovers. I've made it for friends. Took it to a co-worker after she had a baby. Every time it gets rave reviews. I always have to chuckle to myself a little bit because it is so easy and requires little-to-no cooking skills. Since it was shared with me, I'd like to continue sharing....here is my version of Chicken Pot Pie. Enjoy!


Chelle's Chicken Pot Pie
prep/cook time: 45 mins serves 4

Ingredients:
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 (9 inch) frozen prepared pie crusts, thawed

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. In medium bowl, combine potato soup, mixed vegetables, chicken, milk, thyme and black pepper. Mix well.
3. Spoon filling into bottom pie crust. Cover with top crust, and crimp edges to seal. Slit top crust.
4. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!! yes, i DO remember this! i love it too. ash said last night how good the dinner you cooked was too. Thanks for the recipe!

Janelle Van Houw said...

sounds great!! i bought a little chicken pot pie the other day and was SHOCKED how many calories were in it 1700 i am sure this one is way better for you =) have fun training for your first half marathon call me if you want any tips or ever get sick of it and need someone to complain too..i remember training for our first when i was still working 50 hours a week and having to run 6-9 miles at night in the cold and rain..but it was soo worth it crossing that finish line!!!