Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dear Govenator

I'm writing to call you out on your bad parking. Not so much the way you park your car, but the way you skip out of parking tickets. It seems to be running in your family too. While I agree that being Governor should have perks, I don't think this is one of them. I'm thinking more along the lines of a VIP parking space. Not so much parking illegally in a red zone.

The citizens of California are helping keep the state a float by paying our outrageously expensive parking tickets* and higher state taxes, I think you should too. Next time you are parking in a red zone and the parking meter comes to give you a ticket, take it like a man.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Oh and feel free to park anywhere, it will be a FREE DAY!

Regards,
Michelle

* Parking ticket for an expired meter in the City of Oakland is $70.

Read the full story here.
This is my favorite part: The governor spent the first part of the segment talking about his commitment to promoting green cars (a category which definitely does not include Porsches), and became noticeably hesitant when Leno asked him how long it's been since he's gotten a speeding ticket. "Not in the last six years," Schwarzenegger said, which is the amount of time he's been governor. Good thing Jay didn't ask about parking tickets!

No comments: