Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Creative Challenge: Day Fourteen

Once upon a time (three months ago) I planted an herb garden. It was my very first herb garden and it graced our small back porch. I quickly used all the basil, lots of mint and a bit of the cilantro.
Lavender  -  Mint  -  Cilantro  -  Basil
And then, sadly, they all died. Not enough water? Not enough sunshine? I don't know. I'm not taking it personally, I think I'll blame it on the cold summer we've had (why not).
I've been wanting to start over, but wasn't sure what to plant. I had thought about flowers but realize those could be short lived. Even though it doesn't freeze here the temperature definitely drops in the late fall and winter. Then I read Debbie's post about succulents and was inspired! Meet the replacements...
It took me a few short minutes to get these three potted into their new homes. Don't they look happy? I love the uniqueness of each one, but my favorite is the Blue Rose.
I'm really hoping for more success this time around. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Debbie Mendes Cotton said...

I know I'm biased but I do love me some succulents! I can break off a few of mine for you to transplant into your garden. They are just so beautiful!!