Friday, October 8, 2010

Refreshing

As I mentioned on Tuesday in my 10 by the end of 2010 list, I've had a little work done around here! Isn't it refreshing and fun? I absolutely love it!

Around the time I was looking in to getting a new blog layout, one of the blogs I follow, lovely by m, announced that she and her creative husband started their own company, Twig

Meet the creative talent behind Twig: Michelle, J. Luce and Steve.

After perusing their website I realized, among tons of other things, they do blog and website design. I wasn't sure if my little ol' blog was the kind of work they did. Out of curiosity, I emailed to ask about pricing. Two quick emails later we were on the road to redesign! 

My main goal was to get a new header, (see above) which I wanted to still include my beloved paisley and add a few buttons (to your right) to categorize my posts. I also widened the posting space and added a few pages (still in the works). I emailed these details, along with a few sample colors, off to the Twig crew and the rest was in their hands. 

I couldn't be happier with the final product! My favorite surprise was that they formatted the text in my posts to coordinate with the colors in my new header. I love when all the details coordinate, even the little ones most people don't notice! 

Over the next few days I'll be making the final touches, so please excuse the unfinished pages. 

4 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

And all to your good taste, we had a fun project to work on! Thanks for the shout out.

Ahmelie.com said...

Love the family pic, the one in the middle is sooooo cute! :)

Ahmelie
www.ahmelie.com

Unknown said...

funny, as i was reading this post to catch up on TWE, i thought, 'hmm! the text is brown, and the titles are persimmion/orange/red coordinating! how fun is THAT? i wonder if she had to go back and change all that?!' in true TWI fashion, you answered my question before i asked.

l.o.v.e. the new look!

paczoi

Emmett T said...

Hi nice reaading your blog