Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Round here

It's officially in busy season at work. I love to be busy and productive. I don't love feeling like there aren't enough hours in the day to do the things I enjoy, like writing blog posts and reading my favorite blogs. So, please allow me to catch up a little bit on the happenings 'round here...

- Today my department hosted a meeting, which I had a hand in planning. One of my tasks was putting together our giveaway for the meeting attendees. With a little help (wink) I settled on these notebooks which are made from recycled materials. To spruce them up, I made labels that coordinated with the other meeting materials.

For the presenters, I added a small thank you card and tied it to their notebook with a ribbon.

- B is in Hartford, Connecticut all this week for work. It's only 5 days and I'm totally fine, but wow, it's quiet at home. While I feel like we are both still adjusting to being together 7 days week, these few days have given me a chance to be extra thankful that we finally live in the same city and same apartment. I've also realized I'm a lot tidier when B is home. I told him that today and he said "let me guess, crafts all over the coffee table." He knows me well.

- In case you might have missed it, the Giants won the World Series! It was really fun to watch them throughout the season, but especially in the playoffs.


- Just started watching Mad Men: Season 1. So far, I'm a fan! I love that there are 4 seasons available on Netflix. Maybe the rainy season won't be so bad. 

- Tonight I went to our communication class solo. I really liked this quote from our workbook:
If you begin the day with love in your heart, peace in your nerves and truth in your mind, you not only benefit by their presence, but also bring them to others. - unknown   And if you're keeping tabs, our classmate was wearing lilac socks.  


- This Friday our office will most likely be shut down due to potential riots in downtown Oakland. I'm planning to work from home to avoid what I think is more probable than potential. The sentencing for the BART police officer will be announced that morning, and they're already speculating he will not get the maximum sentence. This will be riot #3 in less than 2 years. Dislike!


- Inspiration for blog post title: Round Here, by the Counting Crows. I love the whole August and Everything After album. Reminds me of college. 


I hope you are having a great week. Especially now that you're caught up on the whole enchelleada!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wHEW! thank you for the update. been wondering what your life is like :) of course, i could have guessed a crafty coffee table and not a lot of cooking :) i also like the shot out to counting crows, august and everything after. one of my all time favorite albums, for sure. and riots?! E-gads! just another day in oakland. Good thing you haven't made your wreath yet, so they can't steal it out of riot-ous rebellion.

flant.