Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bay Area Welcome Bag

Today my dad and step mom arrive to the Bay Area for a long weekend. We are happy to have them visit! You might be thinking, hmm wasn't your mom just there? Yep, welcome to parent weekend number two (this weekend will also be the first time they'll meet B...dun, dun, dunnnn). We love having visitors, not only because it makes us feel popular, but we enjoy playing tour guides around town. 

While in town, they will be staying at a hotel near by. While I'd love to have them stay with us at our huge house one bedroom apartment, I think we'll all be more comfortable. It's always nice to have a little something extra at your hotel, so I put together a very Bay Area welcome bag for them. All of the items come from California, with a large majority coming from Berkeley! 


Included in the bag: 
Bison IPA (Berkeley and because its a bison, which my dad will totally appreciate - go buffs!) 
apples (wherever apples are grown in CA) 
Blue Diamond almonds (Sactown) 
ScharffenBerger chocolate (Berkeley) 
peanut butter cookie mini Luna bars (Berkeley)  
bottled water 


I put all the items in an old Anthropologie bag and tied it up with a golden gate greeting (as seen in top photo)Here's an up-close of the greeting card. Bridge photo taken by B, aka Brian Adams  as my dad says (in reference to Ansel Adams).


No comments: