Monday, March 28, 2011

his + hers: rain jackets

Last year when we visited Portland, Jess took us to the Columbia employee store. We oohhhed and aaahhhed over several items. The discount was stellar and we do love our outdoor performance gear! The biggest purchase we both were  his + hers Mountain Hardware rain jackets; mine in purple*, B's in green. 

Grapes!
Until moving to the Bay Area I never own a real rain jacket (as in water proof); plenty of ski and pea coats, but no rain jackets. I've never been disappointed about making an outdoor performance gear purchase, and this was no exception. In the last year, and specifically the last few extremely rainy weeks, these jacket have been a staple of our wardrobes. 

We love our jackets, but we also joke that we look like a grapes! 
Cute grapes if I do say so myself :) 
 

 
* Funny side story: I could not for the life of me decide between a small and medium. I wasn't sure if you get a rain jacket that fits just right or a little big in-case you are wearing layers? I tried both on at least 10 times (not exaggerating). So happy I went with a small! Just because its rainy and you are suited up in waterproof gear, doesn't mean you can't attempt to still be cute.

No comments: