Monday, March 28, 2011

Melissa & Parker's Wedding

One month ago Melissa and Parker tied the knot on the beach in Costa Rica! 28 of the bride and groom's closest family and some friends made the journey to Tambor, Costa Rica (as I mentioned here)From sunrise to well past sunset, their wedding day was perfectly relaxed and so beautiful. 

We spent the day relaxing by the pool/beach and in the afternoon cleaned up for the wedding. That usual pre-wedding stress and tension was non existent. 
Prior to the ceremony the ladies helped Melissa get ready and a few last minute details. The guys all made sure Parker stayed upstairs, where he couldn't see Melissa. 

Meanwhile the house coordinator decorated the entire patio and beach where the ceremony took place. The house and beach were beautiful to begin with, but the added details made it into a classy beach wedding. Clouds and light rain threatened but did not dampen the festivities.


Here are the highlights and a few of my favorite photos from the big day...


The Harts ~ February 27
Tambor, Costa Rica

gorgeous black&whites of the groom and bride before they got to see each other!


You may remember their creative passport invites


the Hart's bling with a heart shaped drift wood. 
we found the heart while search for larger driftwood for the alter (as seen in ceremony photo)


adorable flower girl dress made by the mother of the bride


wedding ceremony on the beach


father of the bride wrote a song that he preformed during the ceremony. 
as you can imagine, it was a real tear jerker. 



the happy couple!


the poolside reception


In addition to attending their special day, I was able to help with a few of the details. 

FLOWERS
Melissa's bouquet and the men's boutonnieres
Melissa and I's friendship really blossomed during the years we worked together at a flower shop. Since then we've both done flowers for other friends weddings. When she asked if I'd help with hers, it was a no-brainer! Although on the day-of things got a little busy and we couldn't do them together, I'm so happy I could be her flower girl. 

For Melissa's bouquet we used all white calla lilies, tied together with rafia. Her grandmother's cross was also tied to the bouquet as her something old. The maid of honor, mother's and grandmother's bouquets included the same calla lilies and orange alstroemeria. They were tied together with the same rafia as Melis' bouquet. 

Parker's boutonniere was one of the white calla lilies. The father's and best man's boutonnieres were two of the alstroemeria flowers. All were tied with rafia.


PROGRAMS
Melissa's mom made each guest a welcome bag filled with goodies to help enjoy their stay. I put together programs that went in each bag.  

The programs included: welcome letter from the bride and groom, Schedule of Events, How it all began...Melissa and Parker's storyWho are all these people? a blurb from each guest.

The outside of the programs were made with colorful card stock. Using coordinated paper, I made M&P letters on the Cricut. I cut two small holes on the side of each booklet and tied them together with hemp cord. 


GUEST BOOK
While looking for wedding ideas, I came across this Surprise wedding. It reminded me of Melissa because she always talked about having a surprise wedding. I loved many of the sweet details, especially the postcard guest book. Since their wedding was a destination I thought that postcards would make a perfect guestbook! 

After a few online searches, I ordered four different postcard prints from Zazzle.com. The best part about Zazzle is that you can customize the front and back of the postcard. With the help of Jess, I picked the following cards: 



On the back of each card I had M&P's address already printed and a large space for a message. After the ceremony I passed out markers and postcards to each guest to write a message to M&P. I collected them all back to be mailed. I intended for them to be sent from CR, but that was a lot harder than expected. Instead, they traveled from CR to CA and a few put into the mail each day. I hope M&P receive all the cards and will enjoy the sweet message for years to come!


Thank you to Melissa and Parker for allowing me to attend your beautiful wedding and share the details here! 

No comments: