Monday, September 26, 2011

Jay - Oh - Bee

(that means JOB) 

I am so thrilled to share that I accepted a new JOB on Friday. 

My new job is:
a: a full time Meeting Coordinator. Planning is the part of my jobs I've always enjoyed most. It will now be my full time job and I could not be more excited!

b: part of the Conferences and Educational Activities department, which is comprised of four (five including me) talented ladies.

c: working for a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology. What does that mean? They are extremely innovative and I have A LOT to learn. If you want to learn more, read here.

d: located in Boulder, Colorado. I will be commuting from Denver, which will be an adventure. I must admit, I would not be as excited to commute to, say, Castle Rock. Boulder holds a special place in my heart and you can see the flatirons from the parking lot - amazing.

e: involves travel! In addition to my daily travel to/from Denver, I'll also have the opportunity to travel for meetings. My first trip, and first day of work, will be traveling to Philly for the annual conference!
 

I am finishing out my two weeks in my current role and saying a proper adios to friends and the Bay Area in general. B will fly out to meet me and we'll drive back to Colorado, taking our time to visit family in SoCal and friends along the way.

It is, of course, bittersweet to turn the page on this chapter in my life. However, we'll always have the memories and be just a plane ride away. Colorado is where my heart, and fiance, reside. I cannot wait to join them there!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Colorado will be happy to have you home!