Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hittin' the road


The time has come, we are saying good bye to the Bay Area and hittin' the road! Brian flew in last night so we can make the trip together. When he moved two months ago we did not have the gift of time, so we made the trip in two days. Thankfully we now have a whole week so we decided to make a scenic road trip out of it!

Today we'll drive down Highway 1 from the Bay Area to Morro Bay, just outside of San Luis Obisbo, and will camp on the coast. Monday we continue down the coast to Orange County to see my family. Tuesday we will leave the coast and head east to the desert to see the Hart family. Wednesday we're heading to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I've never seen the Grand Canyon so I'm really excited for that! Wednesday night we're staying in Flagstaff with Brian's brothers friend. Thursday we'll head northeast to Durango, with a few park stops along the way. Thursday night we'll stay with the Kruegers. Friday we'll drive the rest of the way to Denver aka our new home!


It has not hit me that in 2 hours I will be on the road leaving California. I have lots to write about my time here but ran out of time to write it all before getting on the road. So stay tuned, but as everyone who reads this already knows...I am so excited to move back to Colorado but will definitely miss my home away from home, California.

No comments: